Thursday, June 18, 2015

Meal Plan for the Week


As my first official blog post I decided to do my meal plan so you can see my biggest struggle which is definitely cooking. I try so hard to be a good cooker but I burn so many things on a weekly basis that I just have to laugh at myself now. I try to do two complicated meals a week or if not complicated then at least new. Something I have never done before. Before I lived on my own I got so excited about cooking for myself so I created a Pinterest board, like I do with everything else, called Cooking for One. I posted lunch boxes, chimichangas and even some desserts. I have been working on cooking as many things as I can from that board but you should definitely check it out because there are quite a bit of YUMMY things on it (Like these Loaded Chicken Salad Sandwiches) Lets get started on my week:
Saturday: 
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios (You'll see this week that I love cheerios and its seriously the easiest and quickest breakfast ever.)

Lunch: Bean and Cheese burrito- On Saturday, I made 10 of these and stuck them in the freezer for leftovers later on in the week and seriously these are so good. Go check out this recipe!

Dinner: For this night I had work so I brought 2 of the bean and cheese burritos from lunch time and thawed them out at work and cooked it for a minute and it was the perfect quick dinner.

Sunday:
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios:)

Lunch: Because those Bean and Cheese burritos were so darn good I ate a few again today! 

Dinner: Oven Fajitas- This is one you have to try! I have made these for 2 weeks in a row now because I cant get over how easy and amazing these are. These will definitely be on the meal plan again once I get back from vacation. My roommates even think these smelt pretty amazing! 

Monday:
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios

Lunch: Oven Fajitas Leftovers- These heated up are just as amazing as the first day. Add some avocado and make it even better. 

Dinner: I made burgers. I didn't have a recipe but I just bought the patties from Target and cooked them on the stove and put them on these Hawaiian buns with Onion, tomato and a little avocado. These were so good and definitely got rid of my craving for a juicy burger. 

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios

Lunch: Burgers- I bought a pack of 4 patties so I just cooked 4 on Monday night so that I had a couple leftovers for whenever I want an easy lunch/dinner. 

Dinner: Homemade Pizza- I didn't have a recipe for this I just had crust and put pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni. I was to scared to do something any more complicated but this one came out pretty good so maybe next week will call for a more complicated pizza. 

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios

Lunch: Grilled Cheese with avocado

Dinner: Bean and Cheese burrito from earlier this week

Thursday:
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios

Lunch: Grilled Cheese and a quick smoothie. I buy strawberries every week and I have a jar of Mangoes in the pantry so I just make a strawberry, mango smoothie with some mango juice to help it blend.

Dinner: Spaghetti

Friday:
Breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios

Lunch: Grilled Cheese and a smoothie. This is a couple of days before groceries so I just try to get rid of some things that I know are going to start going bad.

Dinner: Whatever leftovers are in the fridge. 

And Saturday is Grocery shopping day!!!! My favorite day of the Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment