Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Why I love Babysitting?: Day 2 of Money Series

So, I babysit for a living at this point in my life and I wouldn't change it for the world. Not only do I babysit for families that want a night out or are going somewhere that they cant take there kids but I also work in a day care that I absolutely love! Yeah, sometimes babysitting can be hard but the wonderful moments are what I live for and make me realize why I love what I do.



My first babysitting job was watching 3 kids and I was 13. I absolutely loved this. I loved when the parents got home that we were playing or reading or doing something interactive. I loved the learning moments I got. I love everything about them but for some reason my schedule got to hectic and the babysitting stopped but I was still around kids all the time.

I would help in the nursery at church, I would do anything to hang out with the children and get close with the parents at the same time. THEN my whole life changed. I got a nanny job! Now, I dont mean to brag but this job was like the DREAM nanny job that I always thought of when I thought of nannies.

When I first started I had met the parents twice and same with the kids and they stole my heart. I remember the first day like it was yesterday. I was scared. I was scared that the parents were gonna come home and the kids would have a broken bone or something so I did everything to make everybody happy. I texted the mom at least every hour because I wanted to make sure she trusted me, I let the little girl eat candy just to keep her happy and BOY did I regret that. They saw me as a push over the next day so I put my guard up as much as I can with there cute faces. We made a routine and stuck through it until my very last day and there brains clicked that I was not scared of them. Everyday I would see something that just made my day. I remember one day the little girl was sick and she had the morning off while the little boy had school so we would always hang out just us girls and either lay around or sometimes go shopping. It was always a special time. She decided that day that she wanted to lay down but not just on the couch. She wanted to lay down on me. So she climbed up and layed her head on my chest and held onto my pony tail and fell asleep but would not let go of my hair. It just melted my heart and I will always remember that. People ask me how I do it and all I want to say is Why would I not do it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment